Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finally finished!

Well, I finally finished something huge!  Well, huge for me! Two years ago while on my anniversary weekend at a B&B I started an afghan.  I used the 10-stitch pattern and some awesome yarn that I got from Joannes. 

 Here is the yarn and the swatch from when I started.



The yarn by itself

This is the first part of it (notice the size with the dvd in the center for)
I then didn't touch it for a year!!!  I decided that this year I was going to finish it, the size was just until I ran out of yarn and I had 4 huge skeins!!!


I finally finished it on 1/18/12!!  The end result is 63" x 69"! (see the dvd to gauge the size of the blanket)?  That is huge!  I am using a ton of exclamation points here!!!!  It is so soft and squishy and warm!! And it is the first thing that I have made for me in a long time!  I am so glad to have finished it just in time for the cold weather we are having now. 



This is the blanket folded in half on the couch with a dvd for size gauge.

  •  I am quite please with myself, so much so that I think I am going to start work on another blanket, hopefully this one won't take me 2 years to finish! LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment