Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dry Erase Calendar

So, I was exploring on Pinterest and I saw this wonderful idea for a dry erase calendar.





  • And, since my darling husband has the ability to forget anything said to him about what we should be doing and when...I thought it would be a great idea to have a calendar right where everyone could see it and could no longer use the excuse that they didn't know!  It was either that or I was going to have to start having him repeat back to me what I just told him so I know he would remember it.
  • The one on Pinterest was made with paint chips, which is quite clever, but not something I have just laying about.  So, I decided to modify it a bit.  
  •  I used a matted picture frame that I picked up from the thrift store for $4.98 (I really wish I had process pictures).  I then took 2 pieces of 12x12 scrapbooking paper in the design of my choice (why should anyone else get to choose, I am the one making it).  I taped the page together to make one large piece that fit in the mat that I wanted to use.  I used a pencil and traced the inside of the mat so I would know how much space I had to work with.  I then measured it off and made 2x2 squares (I did this in pencil).  I had a bit of room left at the top of the page so I used that space to write the days of the week.  I then went over the squares with a black sharpie. (curse it all that I didn't do process pictures, I am making one for my sister too, so I will add the process pics next week with hers).
  • I then taped the paper in place on the back side of the mat so it wouldn't shift and I put it all back in the picture frame.  I then used black sharpie to write directly on the glass (it won't wipe off with your hand while you write, but you can erase it really easy with a Mr. Clean eraser) the month & year, numbering the days, notes on one side and grocery list on the other.  I actually wrote the days of the week on the glass too because I didn't think about putting it on the paper before I got the frame put back together.  I did make sure I put the paper as close to the glass as I could so I could make sure I was writing directly in the squares.
  • After I was all done I used some of the command picture hanging strips and attached it to the side of my refrigerator where you can't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment