Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yard Sales, Graduation parties, Birthdays and Kickball

  • So, this was a busy weekend. Saturday I got up early with Diehard and we headed to the Grain Valley City Wide Yard Sale. Let me tell you, we only went to a few of the sales and it was crazy. There were so many people you couldn't even drive through there. It took us 45 minutes to drive 2 miles when we decided to go home. We did get a few good things, but it just wasn't worth the stress.
  • Then I went to my friend Debbie's house for her daughters graduation party. Let me tell you, I don't remember ever getting money for graduation! That girl walked away with $1100!!! Hell, I was the only kid in my family to graduate from high school and I think I may have gotten a few cards and possible $20!!! My how times have changed! I mean when M graduated in 2007 I bought her alot of stuff to get her set up for doing hair and nails, but I didn't give cash. Grandma gave M $100, but that was pretty much it. Debbie gave Kris $500 and the rest of the family showered her in cash. I am not sure DH and I even got that much for our wedding! Oh well, I ain't mad at the kid! Cash out while you can, pretty soon she will be working and not making that much for doing 10 times as much work!!
  • After the party we went out to dinner with Diehard's brother and his wife. DH has been helping them work on one of their rental houses so they took us out for Minskey's YUM!! We had the baby Cricket with us and she was just as cute as could be. She ate pizza and then showed off to everyone how well she could walk. She has such a great personality! She makes the cutest sounds! We kept her overnight last night and she was such a good baby! She let me sleep until 9:45!!!
  • Then today we went to our neice's 5th birthday party! I didn't get a chance to get out and buy her a gift so we gave her a card with $10 in it. I felt pretty bad because it was a Tinkerbell party and everyone else got her all this great Tinkerbell toys. She opened our card last and she saw the cash and started jumping up and down and was so excited. She even had her mom take a picture of her posing with her cash!!! It was so funny! We took baby Cricket with us to the party too. She doesn't do well around new people, but she ended up warming up to a few of the relatives, and she loved playing with the other babies! Again, she was miss personality!!! She is just so cute and so petite that no one can believe that she is almost a year old, heck, I can hardly believe it.
  • M was here when we got home so we knitted a bit while baby Cricket slept and then they went home. I took a 30 minute nap and then we went over to Larry and Anna's for dinner and kickball. We have gone there for kickball a few times, but I have never participated. I am too old and too fat and too out of shape. This time Anna made me play though. I had a great time other than the fact that I was the last one picked for a team. In fact, I don't think I was even picked I was defaulted onto a team. Oh well, I had a good time and I know I will be sore tomorrow! This was a very busy but very fun weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment