Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Do you think this means I have problems?

  • So last night I had a dream about knitting. Except it wasn't totally about knitting. I was at the beach with my daughter and she was playing in the water with the girls who's family was sharing the cabana. They were having a blast and I went over and started talking to the mom. She was sitting there knitting. Then I realized that I knew her, we went to grades school together and were friends back then. She was there with her husband and 4 daughters and she was pregnant with her 5th daughter. It was so great to talk to her and catch up and realize we had so much in common. She too had a knitting obsesssion, our kids got along great. We just really had a great time! We immediately became best buds and started spending tons of time together! She became my best friend and we had so much in common.
  • I realized that maybe I am missing a best friend who shares the same interests as me. I have several friends who knit, but I only see them when I am at knitting group. I have several close friends who I spend a great deal of time with who don't knit, and they don't get it at all. In fact, they usually make fun of me for knitting. That is tough. My oldest daugther is catching my knitting obsession, and she is one of my best friends, but she is also my daughter. I guess I am starting to feel very lonely. I know I must be isolating myself, but I enjoy my hobbies. I don't see any reason to have to give something up that makes me happy just so I can have a close friend. I want both!
  • Well, I guess that is what one would call my morning musings. Lame I know, but that is just what was on my mind. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment