Sunday, May 24, 2009

Date night and darn socks!!!

  • Last night DH and I were supposed to go out with some friends of ours to dinner and then to go play some games back at their place, but one of them ended up getting really sick so they canceled on us. Then we got a call a little while longer that he needed to go to the ER and his wife does not drive, so DH and I went out and got them both and we were in the ER with them from 7pm until about 12:30am...a long night. I took my socks with me (great time to do nothing but knit) and I was cruising along on my socks when I noticed that about 4 inches ago, I dropped a stitch on one of my socks!!! WOW...let me tell you how bad that sucked! Since I was doing the 2-at-a-time, it would have been very difficult to rip back so many rows evenly to pick it back up, and it was so close to the ribbing that I just ended up ripping them both out there in the ER (grrrr). And since we didn't get home until around 1:30am, because when we were done in the ER we all went out to eat because none of us had eaten dinner yet, I haven't restarted them yet! In fact I am sitting here right now with my ball of yarn and my needles just staring at me, daring me to start a new pair...sigh!
  • Well, I am off to cast on and then dust the living room...yay!!! I think I will set a timer and knit for 20 minutes and clean for 10, that may be the only way I will get both done today. We are going to a bbq this evening and I won't be able to clean then (but I will be bringing my knitting :-)
  • Jules

1 comment:

  1. Oh that really DOES suck. I'm so sorry you lost all that work. But take heart, you can catch back up.

    Thanks for being such a patient teacher with me!

    ReplyDelete