Monday, September 14, 2009

Sick (no, really sick) and tired (I mean wiped out) of it!

  • Well, it is another manic Monday! This weekend like too many to count before it was super busy! I actually said NO to a few invites because I just need to step back from the edge before I jump! On top of all the running around I have been doing for the past 3 months, I am sick. At first I thought it was allergies, because it pretty much started when I got back from Arizona. Now, I am pretty sure it has developed into a cold or a sinus infection. I was pretty miserable all weekend and I sure didn't want to wake up this morning. I am working at the law firm all week though, so I will be up and out all week.
  • Lets see, on the needles right now I have the Satin and Jeans Tote.
  • I saw this pattern in a magazine and really liked it and wanted to make it, but did not have it planned out. Well, this last week at my knitting group, a dear friend of mine named Chelle was destashing and she had purchased the yarn and pattern for this tote and she gave it to me. I am so excited about this bag that I have already started it!
  • I also just whipped out a little glass sweater type item. I was sitting here at my desk with my ice water and I just hate it when the glass sweats and it gets your desk all wet and ruins the papers that touch. It is downright hazerdous to the office worker. So, I grabbed my crochet hook and some 100% cotton yarn (very absorbent) and I made glass a sweater. It is pretty much a glorified can cozy, but I crocheted the top around a rubber band so it won't stretch out on my glass and will keep it's lovely figure.
  • Things are crazy right now, I have a lot of projects lined up and several home projects I would like to finish up. Mom and Grandma are coming to visit in October, so I am trying to get the house "guest ready" before they get here. Things will settle down eventually though! Please keep me and my family in your prayers! Julie

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are making the bag. Yippeee!!! And thanks for the crochet lesson (again). Someday, I'm gonna get this crocheting thing down pat.

    ReplyDelete