Sunday, March 29, 2009

My re-entry into the blogesphere!!!

So, I have not blogged in about forever. Not that anyone really follows my blog, but hey you never know right. So, not real sure about what I previously blogged about. I know I tried to change blog sites so I could have a little more creative control, but I decided I was not an active enough blogger to actually justify the money I was spending on it, so I got rid of that. Not to mention, I really like the name of this blog much better. It suits me more.
So, quick (and let me really say QUICK) synopsis of what has been going on since I last blogged. M had her baby and now I have a perfect granddaughter. She is now 9 months old and has control of the entire family. M did not end up getting married. Her and Fiance have decided to wait until they can do it right. H is almost done with her1st year in high school. I have lost my job and have been home for the past 5 months and have actually (in the past month) managed to clean and organize my home. DH has traveled for about 3 out of the last 5 months and then quit his job and got another one right next door to where he was making more money and not traveling! He has been there for about a month now. My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and had a single mastectomy and my dad was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and had a single lungectomy (that is a new word). Mom got better, dad did not and went back in the hospital a 6 months or so later with a HUGE brain tumor and passed away in October. The good news about that is that I had time before he got sick with the brain tumor that we were able to make amends in our relationship. That made is easier to bury him. He also got to meet his great granddaughter before he passed away. I think that about sums it up. There are a bunch more details, but if I get into them here I will be typing forever and I promised to make blueberry muffins for breakfast today.
Life is settling down now, I need to start looking for a job in earnest and get back into the world. I have enjoyed being home these past months though. Of course, the way the economy is going I believe I am going to have to find a retail job of some sort. Not that I am bothered too awful much by this, but I am not used to being on my feet for hours at a time, so I will have to adapt. Not to mention the hours will be different. I will learn to deal though. It is Lent now and I have given up frivolous "me" spending. This has been difficult for me as I normally just buy whatever I want whenever I want. But I am learning a valuable lesson and gaining some sense of self-control.
I have been knitting like crazy lately. I enjoy it more and more all the time. Over Christmas I had quite a little enterprise knitting mittens for people. I made the mittens Bella wore in the Twilight movie and they sold rather well! I woke up this morning and had a repeat order from a customer who lost one of her mittens this week and wants to buy a second pair (good for me, sad for her).
Other than that, things have been pretty calm. I will try to update more often. I really need an outlet here. Sometimes being home so much I think I am going to go crazy-er!
Thanks for reading!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment